Thursday, January 29, 2015

Suffolk County DA Press Release. Shooting Forest Hills MBTA station

                                           Suffolk County District Attorney Press Release
Two Charged in Shooting at MBTA Station


BOSTON, Jan. 29, 2015— Two men were arraigned today after Boston Police stopped them as they fled the scene of a double shooting at Forest Hills MBTA station, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.

REGINALD PRICE (D.O.B. 2/18/96) of Jamaica Plain and NICHOLAS BOOTMAN (D.O.B. 8/22/96) of Dorchester were arraigned in West Roxbury Municipal Court on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on a person over age 60, assault and battery on a person over age 60 causing serious bodily injury, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, carrying a loaded firearm, and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.  Assistant District Attorney Lauren Greene requested that each defendant be held on $75,000 bail and that Bootman’s bail on an open case out of Boston Juvenile Court be revoked. Judge Mary Ann Driscoll set $50,000 bail for Price and $25,000 for Bootman and granted Greene’s request to revoke Bootman’s open bail.  In the event either defendant is released on bail, he must stay away from Forest Hills and all witnesses and abide by a curfew.

MBTA Transit Police responded to Forest Hills MBTA station shortly after 2:00 p.m. Monday for a report of a shooting in the upper busway.  One victim, a 62-year-old woman, suffered life-threatening injuries when she was shot in the back; a 24-year-old woman was shot in the head.  Both were transported to area hospitals.

Surveillance cameras in the station captured two men, later identified as Price and Bootman, enter the station and interact with three other males.  Shortly thereafter, a camera captured Price turn with a firearm in his hand and shoot at the males before fleeing alongside Bootman in the direction of South Street, prosecutors said. 

Upon hearing the suspects’ descriptions and direction of flight broadcast, two Boston Police officers stopped Price and Bootman in the area of St. Rose Street and South Street.  

"None of the intended targets was struck," Conley said. "Instead, two people wholly unrelated to this conflict suffered gunshot wounds that could have killed them. Fortunately, it appears that both will survive, and a combination of good cameras and great police work resulted in the defendants' arrests before anyone else was injured."

In addition to witness statements and surveillance imagery, Transit Police recovered ballistic evidence at the station.

Price was represented by Adelio De Miranda and Bootman by Thomas Karp.  Both return to court Feb. 23.

media inquiries should be directed to Lt. Richard Sullivan at


The events listed above are allegations; All defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt